Peanut Butter Bran Muffins
Yield: 1 dozen muffins
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 1/2 cups bran flakes
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 cup Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup Santa Cruz Organic® Apple Sauce
- 1/3 cup Crisco® Pure Canola Oil
- 1/2 cup Santa Cruz Organic® Dark Roasted Crunchy Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
- HEAT oven to 400°F. Spray 12 muffin tins with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE bran flakes and milk in medium bowl; let stand 5 minutes. Mix together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Blend in egg, apple sauce or oil, peanut butter and bran mixture. Stir until completely mixed. Fold in chopped peanuts. Spoon into muffin tins.
- BAKE 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center of muffin comes out clean. Cool on wire rack.