Spiced Hawaiian Sweet Potatoes
Yield: 6 servings
- 2 cups Santa Cruz Organic® Orange Mango Flavored Juice Blend
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 3 pounds sweet potatoes cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- HEAT oven to 375°F. Lightly oil 2- to 3-quart baking dish. Set aside.
- COMBINE juice, sugar, salt, coriander and allspice in small saucepan. Stir over low heat until sugar dissolves.
- SPREAD half the yams in prepared dish. Sprinkle with walnuts and raisins. Spread with remaining yams. Pour juice mixture over the top.
- COVER and bake until tender, about 1 hour, basting several times. Increase oven temperature to 425°F, uncover and bake an additional 30 minutes, until sauce is thickened and top is nicely browned.