- 1 1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup Santa Cruz Organic® 100% Lime Juice
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro or thinly sliced jalapeño pepper
- Step 1
SEASON chicken generously with salt and pepper. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Place chicken in skillet. Cook 3 minutes per side or until well browned. Remove chicken from skillet; set aside.
- Step 2
STIR onion and garlic into pan drippings; cook 30 seconds. Add broth, lime juice, chili pepper and cumin, stirring to scrape up browned bits. Return chicken to skillet. Cover with tight-fitting lid. Reduce heat to low and simmer 25 minutes or until very tender.
- Step 3
SHRED chicken with two forks. Sprinkle with cilantro.