Roasted Vegetables With A Blackberry Pomegranate Glaze
- 3 tablespoons pure olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 1/2 medium carrots, peeled and bias-sliced*, 1-inch thick (about 2 cups)
- 1 1/2 medium parsnips, peeled and bias-sliced, 1-inch thick (about 2 cups)
- 1 1/2 medium beets, peeled and quartered (about 2 cups)
- 1/3 cup Santa Cruz Organic® Blackberry Pomegranate Fruit Spread
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced sage
- 2 tablespoons snipped cilantro
- Step 1
HEAT oven to 450°F. Line 2 (10 x 15 x 1-inch) baking pans with foil.
- Step 2
COMBINE oil, salt and pepper in large bowl. Coat carrots, parsnips and beets with oil mixture. Spread vegetables on prepared baking sheets. Bake covered tightly with foil for 35 minutes. Remove foil. Stir vegetables. Bake uncovered 15 minutes or until vegetables are crisp outside and fully cooked inside.
- Step 3
PLACE fruit spread in large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH 30 seconds. Stir in sage and cilantro. Place roasted vegetables in serving bowl. Gently stir to coat vegetables with fruit spread mixture.
- Step 4
*BIAS SLICED: cut off stem and root end of vegetable, then slice crosswise at sharp angle.
- Calories 190
- Calories from Fat50g
- Total Fat 6g
- Saturated Fat 1g
- Polyunsaturated Fat -1g
- Trans Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 190mg
- Total Carbohydrates 35g
- Dietary Fiber 8g
- Sugars 19g
- Protein 3g
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet